Tomorrow is Mother's day. There are so many different kinds of Moms, and they all have a right to be recognized as such. There are biological moms, moms of adopted children, grandparents who have become moms, foster home moms, butterfly moms, and single moms as well as others who fall under other headings. The thing in common with all these moms is that they have a child (or children) that they love. They learn a multitude of things from this child, be it slowing down and enjoying life, patience, compassion, how to be silly again, the joy of innocent laughter, to cherish each moment, that God loves us and is here to comfort us, but most of all, how deep one can love their child.
We are all mothers, all different kinds, but we all have our children with us in our hearts.
I realize that this day for many butterfly mommies can bring much pain, but if you let it, it can bring much love as well. Have your baby with you in your heart and do something to bring the happy memories of your baby to you. I am going to plant a pink rose bush in honour of Julia, so that I will be reminded of her and so that I can reflect on my memories of her when I look at the lovely roses and smell the sweet scent floating on the gentle breeze. Oh, how I miss her.
Happy Mother's day to all of you. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Thinking of you and agree...there is joy to be found. What a blessing we were given in carrying and loving our children!
ReplyDeleteMuch love!
Thinking of you on this day!
ReplyDeletelove you! Happy Mother's Day xxx
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a happy mother's day . Hugs and Love.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, Thinking of you and all of your babies. xxx Nan
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea. I just came over to your blog (I think from my blog, but I've done so much reading today that I just can't remember how I got to all the things I've read!) I have read much of what you have written here, and I look forward to getting to know you as you write. Thanks so much for sharing your story and inviting us into your life. Hugs...
ReplyDelete