OUR BABY GIRL JULIA ROSE WAS BORN AND PASSED AWAY ON CHRISTMAS DAY, 2009. I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE JULIA'S AND OUR FAMILY STORY IN THE HOPES THAT OTHER MOMS GOING THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT JOURNEY OF HEARTACHE AND HEALING WILL FIND SOLACE.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Feeling her love

I am procrastinating working on Julia’s rose spray, trying to hold back the tears. I finished working on a shadow box for Julia, my angel, and had sent it into a very prominent framing store to get it installed into the frame. It has pictures on it, but most importantly the spray of pink roses (made from gum paste) I had made for Julia's first angelversary. I got a call yesterday that there was a problem with my order. They broke some of the petals off. I picked it up today expecting just a couple petals broken with high hopes that it could be fixed. Not just a couple broken off...more like five or six! I was completely devastated when they told me on the phone and seeing it in person was even worse. I procrastinated finishing this piece and finally had it done and now I have to work on it again. :***( I was really looking forward to the finished piece and just being able to hang it up.

The beautiful thing that happened with all of this is that I felt, I mean really felt, Julia being with me on the ride down to see the piece. She was sitting in the back seat on my right side. I could feel her presence on my right shoulder, just like I felt the emptiness on my left side in my belly after she was born, only today it was beautiful, comforting and sad all at the same time. Later when I had the piece and it was on the front seat beside me I felt that she had moved and was sitting with me in the front. It's the closest I have ever felt to her since she died. She was with me telling me it was okay - I couldn't stop crying.

I really hope I can fix it up so it looks okay again.

1 comment:

  1. Tears...omg how sweet you felt her near you comforting you...so sorry the petals broke :( hugs sweetie!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete