OUR BABY GIRL JULIA ROSE WAS BORN AND PASSED AWAY ON CHRISTMAS DAY, 2009. I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE JULIA'S AND OUR FAMILY STORY IN THE HOPES THAT OTHER MOMS GOING THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT JOURNEY OF HEARTACHE AND HEALING WILL FIND SOLACE.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 1 - Sunrise

It is October.  My favourite month of the year.  All the trees start to change colour, the air becomes cooler and feels so crisp and fresh in the mornings.  It is also the month in which I had the first indication that my pregnancy with Julia was not going so great.

Little did I think that almost three years after Julia was born I would be sitting here, reflecting on her life with me, content with the life that has become mine.  Life is so fragile.  It is created from tiny little cells and grows into a unique individual.  It can be taken from us at any time.  I used to think that life would go on until we were all old, but I know better now.  My naivety was plucked from me the moment Julia was taken from my arms.  How well I remember that moment in time.

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  Carly Marie is a beautiful individual who has beautiful ideas to remember our babes.  This year she is inviting women to remember their babies with photography.  It's called Capture Your Grief.

I am going to try and do as much of this challenge as possible.  I love photography and I'd love to honour Julia with some beautiful pictures in her remembrance.

Day One is to take a picture of the sunrise.  I took several and couldn't narrow it down to just one.



This one with the rose in the foreground has an evergreen in the back with the sun rising over it.  Roses remind me of Julia.  Her middle name is Rose.  I didn't frame it this way intentionally, but it gave me shivers and made me tear up when I realized the sun is like the shining star on top of a Christmas tree.  Julia's Birthday is Christmas Day.



This second one I love because of the halo.  Somehow it just speaks to me.  It calms me.  It makes me think of the perfect dew drops on the blades of grass in the morning, the freshness of each morning.  And if you look closely, you can see the rainbow in the halo.  I know she was looking over us, her sister, our rainbow.




No comments:

Post a Comment