OUR BABY GIRL JULIA ROSE WAS BORN AND PASSED AWAY ON CHRISTMAS DAY, 2009. I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE JULIA'S AND OUR FAMILY STORY IN THE HOPES THAT OTHER MOMS GOING THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT JOURNEY OF HEARTACHE AND HEALING WILL FIND SOLACE.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Story of an angel

I recently told this story to one of my friends, and thought that I would like to share it with all of you too. Our baby angels are with our loved ones in the spirit world. It makes me so happy to think of Julia being with them.

Several years ago, my Grandma and Grandpa told me a story about when they saw an angel. When my grandpa was 60 he had to go into the hospital for triple bypass surgery. Back then, I imagine it was even a bigger deal than it is today. This was about 30 years ago. (My grandma is turning 90 on April 10th). When they received notice that he was going to have surgery the following day they sat on his bed that night and prayed. A young chaplain from the hospital came by. He was dressed in a brown suit and asked if they would like him to pray with them. They gratefully accepted. The nurse came and went, checking on my grandpa's vitals etc. The next morning, the surgery was cancelled because the air conditioning broke. They rescheduled for the following day. Again that night the three of them sat and prayed. The next day, the surgery was cancelled again for another reason. This same thing happened for one more night. Finally, on the fourth day my grandpa went in for surgery and it was a success. He made a very speedy recovery and was able to go home quickly. When they came back for their follow-up appt they stopped into the chaplain's office to thank the young man for praying with them. An older man was there. He said that there was not a young chaplain at that hospital. My grandparents were confused. Well, perhaps it had been a visitor from one of the neighboring rooms. They went to ask the nurse who it may have been so they could write him a thank you note. When they asked the nurse, she had no idea of what they were talking about. She said that she had never seen a young man in a brown suit in their room praying with them. They were confused. Then they saw the light. You see, it was an angel that was praying with my grandparents. My grandpa went on to live a relatively healthy life. He died in 2003 on his birthday at the age of 87. In that time on earth he touched so many people's lives. He donated money to so many organizations, helped people on the street, made my grandmother laugh, picked strawberries, made very creative pancakes, loved each of his grandchildren very much, cried when he was sad to see us go home after a visit. He was so loving and thankful for his life.

A while after he died I had a very vivid dream about him. I know he came to visit me to tell me he was okay. I was walking up a driveway to a house with lots of flowers. My grandpa loved to help garden and bake. In the back, he was laying on a lawn chair. As I approached he got up and gave me a big hug. It felt so wonderful. I woke up and was crying tears of happiness. I knew he was in a good place watching over me. I know that Julia is there with him, with my Babcia and Dziadzia too. They must be so happy to have her there with them, to hear her laughter and to watch over all of us. I truly believe that our loved ones spirits don't leave us, they are with us forever and when we die, we will be reunited with them and continue to watch over our family.

I hope this story helped to lift your spirits. All of your babies are there too, with all your family in spirit, watching over you. They smile when you smile, laugh when you laugh, sing when you sing. Isn't it nice to know you have such loving people watching over you?

2 comments: