OUR BABY GIRL JULIA ROSE WAS BORN AND PASSED AWAY ON CHRISTMAS DAY, 2009. I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE JULIA'S AND OUR FAMILY STORY IN THE HOPES THAT OTHER MOMS GOING THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT JOURNEY OF HEARTACHE AND HEALING WILL FIND SOLACE.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy moments

So, I've been out of town for a few days going downhill skiing with my husband. We absolutely wore ourselves out, but it was so nice to get away. I know that he and I both needed it. Right before I left I felt sad that I was leaving Julia's things at home, I felt like I wanted her near me. I took a few moments to say goodbye. At first I was thinking that I needed to leave her things at home because I didn't want to lose any of it, but now I think that perhaps it was good for me to have a break from my grief, from the memories and just have a good time. I never thought that I would have been able to do that before, go for a few days without really thinking of Julia and be HAPPY. In the past I didn't like to see people laughing, it made me feel ill, but now I am laughing again and it felt so good to feel that way again. I don't feel guilty, I know Julia was with us, her spirit will always be in my heart and in our memories.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it sad that even in our laughter we worry about whether we are being respectful and honoring our children? Those are the things that just keep going and going and don't feel fair...glad you were able to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a nice trip. I hope there are many more moments of smiles, laughter and joy for you. Sending you lots of hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need a break. I am so glad you got one :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete